December 4, 2010 Leave a comment
Secrecy in government, on the other hand, is one of the worst forms of tyranny.
So when politicos like Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum call for people fighting against government secrecy to be falsely classified as “enemy combatants”, “a terrorist organization”, or even to be assassinated or publicly executed, it’s pretty clear who the real enemy of America is.
What Wikileaks, and its founder Julian Assange, have vowed to do…and done, far more than most of us ever expected…is to bring the openness to American politics that politicians like Obama, McCain, and Bush promised but ended up opposing in almost all things.
They exposed Hillary Clinton ordering DNA samples and credit card information stolen from top UN officials.
They showed that the US is secretly using its missiles and drones to slaughter people in foreign countries, while the tyrannical, abusive governments of those countries claimed credit.
The response to the whistle-blowing of these inexcusable coverups?
- Newt Gingrich wants to declare the heroic Julain Assange an “enemy combatant“.
- Rich Santorum wants Wikileaks declared a “terrorist organization.
- Joe Lieberman called for outright censorship, for the Wikileaks website that has brought so much light to government to be forcibly shut down.
- Peter King wants Wikileaks and Assange charged with espionage and executed, saying that “by doing so we can seize their assets“…opportunistic robber-baron thievery.
- Pete Hoekstra wants to INCREASE the secrecy of the American government against its own voters.
- Mike Rogers wants the man accused of being the only guy brave enough to salvage this information and blow the whistle, Private First Class Bradley Manning, to be executed.
Above, we have a list of crimes against the American Constitution…but the criminals are named in the first half of each sentence, not the second.